Tuesday, April 22, 2008

To do list

      It's summer and that means I have more time to do things that I did not have time to do during the school year.  Things that I have shelved for next time because it takes so much time to accomplish and probably because they're not my favorite things to do.  Anyway, I'm listing it down here in the hopes that it will motivate me to do them soon:-)

1.  Renew my professional teacher's license which expired last Feb. - If anyone of you have been to PRC , you'd easily understand why I've been putting off doing this.  The red tape and the rude people there are the topmost reasons this task is hard to accomplish.

2.  Clean up our study room.  -  The paper and books have been piling up in our study room. And looking for a particular book entails searching the 4 large plastic containers that are really heavy that you wouldn't want to look for them anymore.   I've accumulated so much resource and reference books from grad school that there's really no place to keep them.   My friend says, the rule to follow if you need to decide whether to keep or throw something away is to answer the question: "When was the last time you used this?"  If the answer is more than 2 years ago, then you should let it go.  My problem is on the letting go part.  I always think that I might still be able to use it.

3.  Come up with a master list of all the children's books we have at home. - I've always earmarked myself to do this but never got to do an inventory.  DH once commented: "What are you going to do with all those books when the kids are all grownup already?"  My answer, "I'm going to give these to our grand children!" :-)  Especially my collection of Dr. Seuss books.

4.  Put together  videos of our family trips.  Since we shifted to MAC, making videos have become something we non-professionals can do at home.  But, since it takes so much time, it has always been shelved till next time.  I was able to do one for school, but only because it was for a project.  I have to do at least one this year. 

I know I have more to add for this list, but this is all I can think of for now.  


No comments: