Saturday, June 7, 2008

Manual Enrollment

Today is the last day for thesis/dissertation writing enrollment at DLSU for the first term. I am happy to say that I did not enroll on the last minute. Instead, I took care of the enrollment process a few days earlier. The last time I enrolled, it took me hours to finish because of the long lines at the vice dean's office, at the registrar's and at the accounting office. It really is such a hassle especially since I've been accustomed to the convenience of online enrollment. I remember during my undergrad days when I even joined the EATF (Enrollment Assistance Task Force) just to get the privilege of early enrollment. We would help out in processing the forms at the registrar and in ushering during graduation rites in exchange for the opportunity to be advance enrollees. We were always able to get into our first choices of courses while the others in line lament at the hassles of regular enrollment.


I can't be sure, but I don't think the EATF exists anymore. Since online enrollment has taken away the queues, the need for the task force has been eliminated.  During today's enrollment, I suddenly miss going online. Thesis/dissertation enrollment requires manual or the special process  so I had to do it the "old" way.   It didn't help when a woman probably in her late forties or early fifties sneaked herself in the line. She had a visitors ID on her shirt and excused herself on the window to ask something then pushed her slip to make the payment. Hmmpph! If she slipped in the line in front of me, I would really make a comment to her about it. Being a visitor in the university doesn't exempt her from falling in line, which I know she is aware of. The guy in front of me was too surprised to even react.

oh well...I think it would really be great if they implement a numbering system at the accounting office. They already have this system at the registrar's so its just a matter of extending this service at the accounting. I hope that I won't have to endure going through the manual enrollment any longer. I still have a long way to go with my thesis. Unlike most of my classmates who have a lot of pressure and timetable to finish their thesis, I am fortunate enough to have the luxury of time to do it. Or not. That luxury may actually be hindering me from putting more effort to accomplish it ....hay!

No comments: